These instructions are for Ethereum based NFTs.
- Create some "art". Most likely you'll want to create some form of digital art.
Create a wallet if you don't have one yet
- Create a new Etehereum Wallet (the simplest might be Metamask or Coinbase wallet). If you have 0 experience on how to buy and transfer crypto currencies try the Coinbase wallet
- Backup your wallet
- Just to make sure: Backup your wallet
- Buy some ETH
Choose an NFT Marketplace
- Choose a marketplace where you'll present yout art to the world. We'll choose OpenSea in this case.
Sell NFT on OpenSea Marketplace
- Click Create on the OpenSea home page.
- If you're using e.g. Coinbase Wallet you'll need to pair it WalletLink. If you're using Metamask no need to do anything. It's the default wallet on OpenSea.
- Create new Collection which will hold all of your art
- Create new Item in the collection and upload your file, follow the rest of the instructions
- At this moment you have an NFT that lives on OpenSea and a proof that the NFT belongs to you. That's great, be we want to sell our NFT.
- Click Sell button
- Select your sell method
- Set the price of your item. Make sure it's high enough. OpenSea takes 2.5%. OpenSea also requires your to "Initalize your account" by making a free transaction. The free transaction is not really free since it will cost us a gas fee defined by the Ethereum network. Check out this handy gas tracker. Here is also a bit more detailed explanation of OpenSea fees.
- If and when someone buys your NFT there is also a fee. Make sure to check what price would make sense for your NFT. Google if there is a good way what price would work best.
- Post your listing.
And there it is.
Here is a bit more technical video on how NFTs work behind the scenes: