Useful open-source projects
Useful open-source projects: Hoppscotch, Zinc, Super Tokens, tRPC, NocoDB, DanfoJS
Open-Source Postman replacement
Hoppscotch is a Typescript/Vue implementation for testing you API endpoints. Consider it as alternative to Postman.
Zinc Search Engine
Zinc is a search engine that does full text indexing. It's a lightweight alternative to Elasticsearch. It can be used for:
- Log search
- Edge Search
- App Search
- Full Text Search
- Embedded Web UI
- Compatibility with Elasticsearch API
- Schemaless index
- S3 and MinIO for index storage (experimental at the time of writing)
- Faceted search and data analytics
One think to note is that Zinc cannot currently be set-up as HA (highly available) cluster.
Super Tokens Authentication
SuperTokens is an open core alternative to proprietary login providers like Auth0 or AWS Cognito. We are different because we offer:
- Open source: SuperTokens can be used for free, forever, with no limits on the number of users.
- An on-premises deployment so that you control 100% of your user data, using your own database.
- An end to end solution with login, sign ups, user and session management, without all the complexities of OAuth protocols.
- Ease of implementation and higher security.
- Extensibility: Anyone can contribute and make SuperTokens better!
Try the online demo written with React here.
End-to-end type-safe API made easy. Alternative to REST APIs or GraphQL.
NocoDB - Alternative to Airtable
Open Source Airtable Alternative - turns any MySQL, Postgres, SQLite into a Spreadsheet with REST APIs.
Danfo.js is heavily inspired by the Pandas library and provides a similar interface and API. This means users familiar with the Pandas API can easily use Danfo.js.